Monday, April 29, 2013

To the dreamfields


Been having such bizarre dreams lately that it sort of makes me distracted during the day; during those moments when I am walking somewhere; during moments when I am just sitting on the toilet bowl on a constipation streak - Because I keep thinking back and trying to recall vague details and try to make sense out of things.

There are so many theories put forth to explain the science behind dreams. As much as I don't know the real reason why they exist I do subscribe more to the explanation that dreams are the manifestation of fragments of memories (both conscious and sub-conscious). This is why there may be people in your dreams that you feel that you have not seen before and that may not be so untrue. Why? Because... When we sleep our memories are just randomly jumbled together into a mesh-work. This means that it is possible that you dream about someone who is constructed from your memories of 20 different people and their features. Hence, this person may not exist at all.

The funny part about dreams I suppose is how realistic they are. It is just like an out of body experience, more realistic than any HD-TV can provide. You are the main character of the story or you are an observer either in your own body or through another person's eyes. Yet there is little you can do but go along with the story. But one thing scientists all believe and hold true: Dreams may be fantasies (or nightmares) but the emotions we feel are real. This is why scientist propose that dreaming is a response to coping with emotional release that one usually with-holds during the typical day. It helps the mind to release the emotions that are built-up so that one can manage stress and emotions more effectively in daily life.

I don't know what to believe really... Sometimes... what is logical is not always true. But those that are illogical turn out to be the ones that are true... No one knew the Earth was round in the past... and yet today we do not subscribe to that... why is that?

I have become an insomniac... floating from place to place like a ghost. I dare not approach others in fear of being a bane, because I'm not the only person that is having a bad life... everyone is? Just that people are not whining... That kind of internal strength and self-belief... I wish I had it... I remember a song:

"Nobody likes me; everybody hates me... so I'm gonna eat some worms~"

My silent prayer: Let the object of objection be but a dream and cause the scene to be unseen...

No comments:

Post a Comment