Sunday, June 14, 2009

A Rift In Dimensions

Finally found the taste that I hadn't tasted for so long today... That taste that is not say gourmet delicious or a taste that makes you go insane. I finally found the waffle of the old... Of my childhood...the waffle that I tasted much as a young boy and my mum would always buy home for me to eat after work. That primitive waffle that seems to have disappeared without us noticing... And evolution of the taste buds has created a new waffle that is more crispy and more brown too...

That primitive waffle, so green last time and not crispy at all... This was never a find for the most perfect waffle or the most delicious waffle just that taste you have longed so long yet forgotten over time... And when you take that bite... Just this sudden excitement in the heart and gosh maybe I am malodrama but I felt a tear jerk though i never cried...

Just an ordinary old bakery with cheap waffles at 80 cents a piece which is by the way impossible to find nowadays... The first thing that enticed me was how green the waffle was when the modern waffle is all brown and all... This waffle was green as emerald, not a light shade of green but a rich one... A whiff from not faraway so enticing the aroma of freshly made pandan waffles... You just don't smell that aroma anymore... When shops sold waffles last time there used to be this nice fragrance of pandan but now it seems we never ever smell it anymore... Look into yourself everyone and remember with me that smell that is so enticing and so refreshing and wets the appetite...

A bite into the waffle not very crispy or hard... Just so soft with the surface slightly crisp but unlike the modern crisp of waffles we taste today... and then comes the moment when your eyes just light up when the taste of it all floods your tongue and you get all excited... So rich a taste and the waffle doesn't melt in your mouth, that is exaggearation but as you chew it gets sweeter and sweeter (Becuz of action of salivery amylase on the waffle so point is NOT DRAMA) and after chewing awhile there is just this feeling I dun wanna swallow, but just keep chewing it into a fine consistency... I dunno if anyone else have that feeling... Just wanna chew it and make it into a nice paste in your mouth before swallowing... But I tell you,this may not be the Best waffle in the world... It's texture less crisp than what people want of crispy waffles... Rich pandan taste that some people may not like... Just the taste... the taste is so rich you'll never find it anymore... and waffle that is so soft inside but is cooked and not watery or anything... It is cooked just soft like a cake, not sponge cake but just soft.

Eating that waffle, I smiled... A crack in dimensions as all those stuff not so recent just comeback when you were a child... And as memories slowly return seeing yourself this empty feeling yet excited... ... Want to share with everyone... Tell everyone to eat this waffle it is absoultely good... maybe not good in taste for some (but i find it the best i tasted so far though ppl may laugh my taste bad) but good for... the soul...

Never really enjoyed waffles for a time... Used to love them in the past... but as I grew up I gradually forgot about it... Someone made me rekindle my love for waffles... I remembered so many times we had waffles together and critic about each one we had... Reminescence brings tears to the eyes... A tale I remember ended not so long ago... Tried erasing but never was it easy for a minute... wish i could share with this person... the first person that came to my mind... ...

Secret: Your birthday surprise one of it was supposed to be a waffle cake, because I know you are crazy about waffles and I wanted to make a waffle flavour for you... Yet although started from january and keep experimenting with mixture proportion... I never succeeded... ... sorry... ...

But looking at reality... A rift in dimensions as well as the heart... ... I wanted to tell you... ... ... ...

No comments:

Post a Comment