Thursday, October 20, 2011

The Silence After The Big Bad Storm That Came

Days have passed since the great storm that struck. The devastation was grave and so were its victims. But even after the storm had lifted, the decimation left behind remains... Much like the scars in the hearts and minds of those whose feelings and mentalities were so violently shaken up by the stir in the heavens.

Then there was the silence. The dreaded silence. No more laughter and talk; only weeping and sighs. I took it upon myself for creating the perfect storm which utterly destroyed something I held so dear. But it's too late now... ... I hope and pray for a miracle that will end the dreaded silence. Because the silence is disturbing. =X

I understood through wise words from a wise man: For people to understand you, you must first learn to understand others. For this time, I finally set aside what I wanted and listened closely to the silence. I tried to make sense out of why certain things had to happen, even if they wrenched my heart to shambles. I tried to wear someone else's shoes to truely understand what went wrong and what I am to do.

My heart was lost and so was my voice... I could not stop the seemingly eternal rain cloud pouring endlessly over my head. It's because it hurt yet I know. To not be selfish anymore because I need to understand what others are thinking before I wish others will understand me. =/ As much as I wanted to salvage the damage dealt out... I only see the light: Perhaps salvation was what I wanted but not the other party. So I decided to wait and be patient because that was a bitter lesson I learnt about forcing an answer when perhaps non-existed.

In days to come I foresee more tears... The rain cloud I have become, forever feeding off the empty void the storm left behind. Embracing the silence because I know I am in no position to decide. But I'll continue to follow my heart to do what I have come to accept even if it means having to face the silence that tortures my mind and dulls my hopes. It is because... I want nothing more than to do what he wants now instead of what I want... ... really really... T.T

No comments:

Post a Comment