Thursday, June 28, 2012

Parables


A bitter wind came and winter embraced~~ The last leaf fell and a threshold shot passed...

Shed off what was glorious lush and there stood a lone tree; bare and stark.

Snowy white; chilling to the bone... Stood bare and still for a time...

By day light it was cold and night time it got colder. Stars and sky stood mute witness and told stories among themselves.

For many days and many nights, numerous prayers to what was once 'god'. Gave up hope for a new coat to cover the nakedness so depended on myself~~

But as bitter winds beat against a scudding time... Light shone one day, and a new faith found...

All was well till the rythmn of pain swept through. A symphony of haunting pasts piercing to the soul and heart...

Once in awhile... when the moon is high and the night is still. I sing a familiar melody and continue to pray to the night sky hoping god would hear.

But as daylight breaks the darkest night, I awake to a new day each and every single day.

With the episode buried deep inside. Locked up tight.

And as I pass through living day... Once in awhile... I'm reminded of what happened last winter. And a locked up box somewhere hidden in the darkness.

And so I weep bitter tears for something I could not save~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment