Saturday, September 1, 2012

Loveless In Love City


Are we going up or are we going down? Are we moving forward or are we moving back? Different perspectives often shed light on things we never dared think about. We wake up every morning and put on our lenses, think we have seen it all and experienced it all and then happily take off our lenses just before we go to bed. But is there more that we missed each and every single day as we trudge through a day of heartache or as we skip through a day of rainbows and smiles. Perhaps what we really need is an Optometrist to check our vision and verify if our lenses need some correction after all.

What is love exactly? A passionate feeling that we all crave desperately to fill that void within us. A feeling of sweetness like that of dark chocolate, yet bitter and dry; A sip of lemonade so sour and tart yet refreshing alike a gentle spring breeze. Yet we hate it so much as well because things always do backfire on us don't they? And guess what? The cherry on top of this recipe for disaster will always be Murphy's old saying: That if something can go wrong it will go wrong. Cliche as it is... it reeks bitter irony and we find ourselves suffering from daily cardiac arrests from the bolts from the blue with regards to love and its aftershocks.

And I see so many couples and the budding romances of aplenty dance around me as I venture forth into this World in search of my own love story. Indulging in the love of the media- novels and movies- intoxicate me so much with mesmerizing fantasies and fuzzy warm feelings. For I want to be the perfect lover for you. So I try and try to be at my best, and I give it my all just so that you will see that. That which I value so much above all. But if you asked me why... I'll never have an answer at all~~

We all go mad once in awhile. But what of the madness that afflicts us when we go crazy for our beloved? The hunger for the attention and the affection for the care. Identical to a drug that subtly poisons our bodies and poisons our minds. And very soon, I tell you the truth, you find yourself so truly intoxicated that you lost yourself in this pool of venom. How appalling indeed.

What I am trying to talk about is the motivation behind love. Such a horror it truly is but yet so many treasure it above all else. There must truly be a secret to this enigma that has so cleverly worked its ways into our hearts and minds-- How insidious is love? Though it is so complex that we never could comprehend the reason why 'I love you so much when you've hurt me as much'.

How painful is the heart thus wrenching and how deep is the scar of my spirit? For with each time you gave up on me my soul rendered. Through you I learnt to value but at the same time learnt to fear... A rose with thorns I shall name you. A beauty and a beast~

What is true love exactly? We ask ourselves each and every single day. Be it singles or couples or newly wedded spouses-- Each and every single day the definition of that feeling is much supplemented. It is our nature to complicate things as much as we deny it; as it is our nature to be stubborn to admit it. There must be something that is so alluring. For even the most ugly of worms could one day sprout wings and become the butterflies pleasing to our eyes.

I may not be Mr. Shakesphere and I am surely no veteran in the wars of romance. But I always did believe that one honest voice speaks louder than a crowd- You could agree or disagree with me- but no one can argue that the truth will always resonate in our minds.

Love is not about giving and receiving. How cliche can this statement be? But verily that cannot be further than the truth. When we give our feelings and we sacrifice our time let us not have any expectations of return. Love is not an occupation-- Ground it deep in you that whatever you work for will not be paid back. But instead... love is more like a stock market. Sometimes it rises and sometimes it falls. Invest all your life savings in the most prospective share and the next thing you know is that the company declared bankrupt. But do not let this deter you. For what great things come without great risks?

Let's not be selfish to who we call our beloved. That when we want to be together with someone. Think not about: 'Is she the right one for me?' but instead think: 'Am I the right one for her?'. To love someone is not to gratify your own needs and desires. It is the overwhelming madness that drives you to do business that makes no profit. And now if only more companies would think this way in this cold world of politics and profit and we could no sooner rename the earth the Utopia.

But when love comes to an end. Let us weep bitter tears, for the feelings were real at one time... =( As much as our hearts are slashed by the cruelty of reality we need to stay strong to be able to live to find the person who asks herself: 'Am I the right one for him'. It is hard to imagine at the present state of our minds... But I have to try hard because people believe in me and try their best to comfort me. The love of friends is the most blue of the oceans and as deep as any of those waters.

At first glance the seas hide their true depth for all things appear closer than they really are when we gaze upon the surface of the pool. But jump in and you'll realize how deep the feelings can run and how much was waiting to be discovered. It's really alright to be hurt and there's no miracle cure for heartaches. But believe in the future and don't be afraid anymore. Trust the people around you for they truly care about you. Don't feel bad to use a friend once in awhile. For I tell you the truth: What are friends for? If not for the french benefits? ;)

May the stars and the moon hear and grant a wish-- Be it airplanes in the night sky that resemble shooting stars... I could really use a wish right now wish right now wish right now...


No comments:

Post a Comment