Friday, September 28, 2012

Swimming In Hot Water


Step 1: Identify the problem
Step 2: Analyze the problem
Step 3: Ideation of solutions
Step 4: Implement the best solution
Step 5: Happily ever after

More often than not, this would be the most fundamental framework when it comes to the problems that we encounter in life. We adopt an analytic approach to things and attempt to impose order on the disorderly in a cliche-systematic manner.  This seems indeed a mantra for planning for a forecast-ed warfare. But I guess things aren't always so simply laid out in front of you that you can always for-see the future and hence think of ways to avoid them. Most of the time... problems come to us as a bolt from the blue. Perhaps... there are also times when we only discover that we're in hot water when we notice the temperature rising. 

Like a frog in a pot that is slow to boiling... we enjoyed the spa that we thought god threw at us. Indulging in the sinful pleasures it is sometimes so hard to come back to our senses. Especially when things are so comfortable you would think that it is better to be sinning than to be a saint. But at the back of our minds we always did know the truth didn't we? We knew that we were sinking into quicksand but we controlled our motions such that we sank slower. We did not bother to look for vines and our things to drag ourselves out of this 'honey trap'... because... it will be so hard to do so anyhows~~ Prolonging the inevitable huh? 

What happens then when what we enjoy doing so much paves a path to our destruction? A path that leads us to devastation and hurt. Are we willing to enjoy temporal happiness that we know will come to demise? Or do we see the eminent danger looming overhead that we force ourselves to end this happiness in the present for the sake of a better future? It will always seem logical that the latter is the right choice. But then again... why does my heart shudder to make the decision? Verily... I feel so happy now in indulgence. To cut it off seems brutal... and I know it will hurt me so very much even if it means a brighter hope ahead... confused I am~~

I resort to writing blogs because I felt like it was no point telling people certain things which even I am hitherto unsure of. But I felt like exploding because my mind is continuously thinking of such things. If I started telling people all of what's on my mind... I'll probably scare away all my friends. So let's just write letters to express them; let us talk to myself and pretend that it's another... 

Seriously... what's happening to me? I need a vessel to contain all my excess emotions... There's just way too much for me to handle... but more importantly... Those are all WRONG!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment