Friday, October 9, 2009

A Dream


Sleep has obviously dulled my senses. Its 0145 now... Probably half of Singapore is asleep now. But I'm stoning. Wondering what to do tomorrow and the days to come, suddenly it feels as though life is so stale, or perhaps that we just dun push forward. Spent the day watching GP movies as borrowed from Ms Huang. Got me thinking for a long time afterward. And that was just the aftershock. The intial shock was appalling! That Osama was once funded by the American CIA, the funding of so many conflicts by the US, the Columbine highschool massacre, the gun culture in US and the shocking truth that Canadians dun lock their doors!!! It's rather information overload. But nontheless I feel intrigued and excited to research more about these and find out how applicable they are to Singapore and discuss it with Ms Huang. Sort of can't wait haha.

Thoughts of the scenes of the documentary still run through my mind. But whatever the case, it will be a long day tomorrow. No more maple for me at least until I have the time to afford it =/ Work is in order, well, at least I finished chemistry weekend homework today.

Alright, enough of my own boring life today. Suddenly just have this recurring thought in my mind pertaining to dreams. I have a dream (ya I know it's so Martin Luther king -.-''), and that is not to say I am the only one with dreams. Everyone has them, and I can bet a million that everyone my age probably have that same dream as me now. I have a dream, but where does dreams play to second nature? I have a dream and it doesn't make me or anyone ever more special. It is commonplace example and ubiquitous phenomenon.

But i wonder if in seeing our dreams and projecting ourselves into it. Whether if we should define our visions logically and discard all emotional definitions. Then maybe it would be truely realistic and attainable. But what's the challenge with something attainable. Humans have long conquered great barriers, just as how rockets and aerospace technology has transcend the boundaries of our atmosphere into ink black outer space. It is as logical as how games are fun when they pose a challenge to our 'skills'.

Although people can laugh at others people dreams, do we laugh at ourselves sometimes? Is it naivity we see in our remaining child-like wonder or is it the fact that we feel foolish lying to ourselves. Laugh all they want, I am keeping them. But as I know many will have this same stand, how many are really willing to keep it and not be guilty of a double standard. I just think to myself that GP class for me now always the teacher marks work on the spot and selects a few 'lucky' people to show on the screen, that how truely lucky they are without the inverted commas. getting our work marked is a good thing right? But why? Why dun anyone volunteer?

It is as logical as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west that we are afraid of criticism and the always ever-green excuse to other people and most APPALLING* to ourselves is that 'I think I did a bad job, so I shouldn't show it'. I was once such a person but today I volunteered. Turned out okay i guess. Because at least the AQ which the teacher grade passed haha. Well, even if I failed i was prepared. becuz what's there to be ashamed off when everyone says that we should stand by our own dreams when no one will.

I have a dream i will one day walk the stage. that I will return to JJ one day with glory and pride and with a new stride in my footing. I think about what dr Gan said about ambition and how I am unambitious. I always thought I were. But reflecting upon myself... i gradually find myself skewing towards her side. To change? it is not an option. I need to stretch my limits and do things that will make me go: ' GOD!!! I am dying' and mean it.

To ambition is to have a crazy dream. To step out of the comfort zone and take criticisms with an open heart. To face your fear is through everything you are running from. Hence, to reach a dream you have to sleep haha... So i think i going to sleep now lol...

One more thought lingers though... for a long time... =/

I wonder if... I shld leave Singapore to go somewhere else for uni... ... ...

No comments:

Post a Comment