Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Comparison between Human and Beasts

I was reading this article the other day... An attack on Charles Darwin's theory of evolution and in fact any theory pertaining to evolution. It qned... if humans were indeed evolved from the primates or were we merely created by god. An issue of the ethnic core values, where faith seems to exist in the unknown. If humans were considered superior becuz we have minds. Then what is a 'mind'? do animals have minds too? Is the act of minding just a neuro-activity or is it so much more?

In everyone we see... call ourselves civilised or call ourselves the top of the food chain. There are beasts in all of us. Taking the subject of procreation into the matter, let's analyse this: A man has to fight battles against other males inorder to get a mate. This is nature trying to select for the better male passing his better genes to the future generations. But whilst in the urban jungle... maybe such archaic and beastly instincts do previal. What a woman sees in a man. The power to start a family unit, the strength and intelligence, the good looks or maybe just great personality traits. Maybe females are the selectors (pardon me if there is no such word) for making better humans. They choose the best male to bear their offsprings and so pass on favourable genes. and through it all... men have to think of multiple ways to make themselves more attractive to their polar nemesis. lol

I'm not sure if evolution is wrong. Maybe god created us or such. But then again I dun think I have the power to change such theories grounded on years and years of research and hordes of believers. But one thing I'm quite certain. I see humans no more than animals. Be it maybe we came from the butt scratching, lice-ridden monkeys =.=(which i dread the thought). There must be some deep understanding in this all... So let's call this... 'the truth'. Maybe one day when i die I may know what the truth is... But until then... I'll forever live in my urban jungle, where the threats of rising global temperatures are as good as a forest fire and where stampedes of people are abound during chinese new year chinatown or sentosa countdown parties. When u draw a line between the species and the order, class and phylogeny... maybe that line ain't so thick as we thought...

Well moving on... to the topic of greatness. Seeing tmr is going to be my first day being an actual teacher in MI. I'm really starting to get the butterflies. =/ But seeing that a teacher is a noble profession i wish in the process i may just learn a thing or two abt what makes someone great. And it is then maybe i can be a greater person and a fren to ppl around me. And i guess more imptly i wanna feel great abt myself... =/

No comments:

Post a Comment