Thursday, November 15, 2012

Breathe...


We all try very hard to adapt to wherever we find ourselves in. A professor in school said that Singaporeans are the most adaptive workers in the World. I wonder how true that is? Is it because of the culture that we were brought up in? I admit that when I was in secondary school and JC, I was one of those people fighting to be the top shark in the sea. But after I came to university, my perspective changed. More precisely my priorities changed... I started to see... slowly... but more clearly... what was truly important to me~

Do we face stress everyday? Probably the greatest stress we ever get is the stress that comes from the people around us. I live in a residential college where my sleeping hours are when the true muggings begin. And I dun mean muggings as in theft and house-breaks. I mean muggings that involve textbooks and caffeine - where the greatest danger is not the loss of valuables but a paper cut and black eye circles.

I wake up every morning and I ask myself what I wanted to do for the day. I thought that my planning was adequate. But seeing the people around me in this mad and frantic rush makes me uneasy. Am I weak because I let the outside world get to me? For truly truly... if I am really so sure of myself then why do I still doubt when the opportunity to doubt arises? 

The long semester is starting to come to an end. All the toils we faced - drama and all. Be it emotional ones or academical ones... All of it is for the last stance against the crazy exam wars. I marked down my dates with destruction and made a silent prayer to myself that whatever comes... I am going to work this shit.

But of all the things that are closing in and the storm that will inevitably be sweeping me off my feet, I take comfort in the fact that I have great friends around me. Truly, truly, they are the light of my life.

 If I were a fish out of water... does it mean that I will surely die? Or can I flop and flop about until a time when I find yet another body of water to reside in. For what I need is air... to breathe... I must always remind myself to breathe...

For what once was lost... I now want to treasure... not caring what the future holds... Just that my control over myself and a hope never dying... that will always be sufficing...

No comments:

Post a Comment