Sunday, November 11, 2012

The City of Days Filled With Endless Wonders...


We lose hope sometimes when the World gets to us... We sleep in the night wishing dawn would come once the dusk had descended. As we live in a city of insecurities that are left unsaid. People come and people go. Sometimes... we pause for a moment to admire the people around us while other times we choose to run steadfast ahead of others and holler for them to come to us. But even as we lead a life of self-fulfilling prophecies; even as we cry our hearts out under our blankets over the pains and wounds that slather our souls... Is there hope left in this place?

I see a glittering rainbow that ascends above an ancient city. I see that image in my mind so clearly and it gives so much hope of things that I now hold on to and for the things that have yet to come. Perhaps... I feel loveless in love city... Perhaps... I feel afraid to take that first step out of my house door just because of a terrible experience... Perhaps... even as much as I try very hard to do certain things my trying seems slow in the eyes of others. But what's most important in life? That's a question I believe we all are so desperately trying to discover along the way.

I experienced a miracle and a revelation and I find myself startled by it all. Suddenly the problems of yesterday seem so small and a reservoir of hope wells and erupts in my heart. I see my days ahead filled with endless wonders. There are so many so many things I want to do now... But most importantly, I want to tell my story to everyone. I want to share an amazing story of coincidences and an amazing story of miracles. I tell you people... I tell you people... GOD EXISTS!!! He really does... OMG he EXISTS!!!

I know what I want to paint for the visual art festival already... The title: 'Hope Above An Ancient History'... Inspiration:

Do we feel that history is a curse that always repeats itself. We try half of our lives and for others even more to ensure that the hurts that haunt us never comes back to find us. In our mundane lives do we sometimes question our raison e etre and comment that life's unfair? Because truly I tell you... I see a glittering rainbow above an ancient city of silence. True hope never dies... 

No comments:

Post a Comment