Monday, April 2, 2012

Lone Shell


Lone shell on the sandy beach... Are you a home for me? From you I hear the ocean... The waves crushing against the beach~ Buried beneath the sand you get drenched by the tides and uncovered by the waves. Soaking in both moonlight and sunlight.

Once a living being, your life has gone... Leaving behind an empty vessel which stands for evidence of a past life you once led... In days to come... you may yet become a second home for a wandering hermit crawling on the sand. But until then you will continue to hum the tune of the sea; smell the sting of the salty sea breeze; drenched by rain and dried by sun...

Did I leave something behind where I had gone... A legacy that I was once there. Not the material ones like plaques or trophies. But a subtler... gentler-- but never the less important: A footprint in one's heart...

I'm a hermit seeking shelter from place to place. Never knowing when the next storm will hit. I look for empty vessels from where I can vent myself and voice out my fears and worries. But as I tread along from one vessel to another... ... I wondered if one day I could give up the life of a hermit to settle in at last~~

No comments:

Post a Comment